There is a brussels sprouts salad for every season and while I love my spring version, with strawberries and goat cheese, or my summer version with a raspberry vinaigrette, I do adore the delicious flavors of this time of year. The dressing is full of baking flavors and the blue cheese with apples and hazelnuts makes this a little richer than the other varieties.
3 cups brussels sprouts leaves
1/4 cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup craisins
1 small apple cut into matchsticks
Spiced Citrus Dressing:
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp agave or honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a medium pot, cover brussels sprout leaves with water.
- Heat on high for 2-5 minutes or until leaves brighten in color.
- Drain leaves into a bowl with cold water and ice to stop cooking. Leave in ice water for 10 minutes to allow to cool.
- Drain leaves and dry thoroughly.
- Toss brussels sprout leaves with dressing, cheese, hazelnuts, and craisins.
- Top with apple matchsticks.